You're Ready to List!
Before you list your home, it is important to do your homework on the real estate companies in your area.
- Search the Internet for your local real estate companies.
- Review local publications for agent advertisements.
- Call each company to compare commission fees, marketing campaigns and yearly sales volume.
- Talk to people. 9 times out of 10, someone you know has sold their home and can point you in the right direction and provide a credible recommendation.
When choosing a real estate agent, do not be afraid to meet with many different agents. After all, they are competing for your business and this is what makes the real estate industry successful.
Feel free to ask them the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have in this industry?
- What is your selling experience in my community?
- What professional certifications do you hold (ex. Certified Residential Specialist–CRS)?
- What services will you provide for me as my agent?
- How will you represent my property?
- Can you provide a market analysis for my property?
- How will you determine the price of my home?
- What is the fee for your services?
- Can you provide all of the different scenarios with the sale of my property? (as far as commissions and fees)
- Explain the paperwork that I need to sign.
- What is the timeframe for listing my property with you?
Continue the journey, read "Determining property value"